How are You Fighting the Battle?

I'm praying this morning and I can't get away from this scripture and I'm sure it's one we have all heard and know.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5

New Living Translation (NLT)
4We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.

How are we fighting the battles?  Are we trying to do it with our intellect and the things of the physical realm?  Here are a few things I know about me and they might be about you too.

1.  If I had to fight some of the battles I have fought in the last few years with things of this world and my own sanity, I would probably be dead.  My mind and my body couldn't take it.  It was only by God's grace and mercy, because I trusted HIM and not myself to get me through those battles.  This is what He gave me:

2 Timothy 1:7

New King James Version (NKJV)
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

We don't have to fear!  He is with us and fighting for us!  Read 2 Chronicles 20. Love love that chapter! 

2. I also know that committing to reading and studying His word will cause me to be changed! I AM CHANGED! When that change starts, your faith builds, and before you know it you are standing firm in the Lord and when the battles come you know where to turn and how to battle.

Romans 12:2

New Living Translation (NLT)
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. 

Ephesians 5:26

New Living Translation (NLT)
26 to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s word.[a]

2 Corinthians 3:18

New Living Translation (NLT)
18 So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.

3. I know that prayer is a mighty weapon!  I know that when we seek God we will find Him.  That when we are on our knees things are moving in the spiritual realm.  Miracles happen because of prayer.  Lives are changed because of prayer. Lives are saved because of prayer.  Prayer brings down strongholds.   

Jeremiah 29:13

New Living Translation (NLT)
13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.

Mark 9:29

New Living Translation (NLT)
29 Jesus replied, “This kind can be cast out only by prayer.[a]
(some versions say by "prayer and fasting")

Ephesians 6:18-19

New Living Translation (NLT)
18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.[a]
19 And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God’s mysterious plan that the Good News is for Jews and Gentiles alike.[b

James 4:2

New Living Translation (NLT)
You want what you don’t have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous of what others have, but you can’t get it, so you fight and wage war to take it away from them. Yet you don’t have what you want because you don’t ask God for it.

There are soooo many more verses on all of this that I could lay out for you.  God is awesome and He has provided us with the weapons for battle.  How are you battling today?  Are you using carnal weapons or God's mighty weapons?  If you are feeling defeated, examine the weapons of your warfare.   Weather you realize it or not EVERYDAY is a spiritual battle.  Stay read up and prayed up.  Talk to the "commander and chief" everyday. Know your enemy and have a battle plan.  Stand firm.   The Bible is one book it's ok to read the end and it says we win.

How are you battling?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

His Grace is Enough

One Plants.....