Get Moving!

Isn't it great when God speaks to you??  Not only does he speak to you, but he speaks to your spouse.  Then you hear the same thing everywhere you go.  Then you finally say, "OK Lord, I get what you're saying".  Now it's time to be obedient.  I was reading in Exodus this week.  Doing my best to pick up on what the Lord had to say to me in His word.

This is the verse that jumped off the page to me, "God said to Moses: “Why cry out to me? Speak to the Israelites. Order them to get moving" (Exodus 14:15, MSG). 

God was saying, I have told you what to do.  You know where I need you to go. Now go!  

Prayer is a vital part of a Christians life as it should be.  But how many times do we use the phrase "Let me pray about it" as a means to postpone being obedient to what God has called us to do?  

God was calling the Israelites to action!  We see God and look for direction.  He opens the doors to opportunity and our response is to "pray about it some more"?  

This is something I feel like we (my hubby and I) have had going on in our lives, maybe you have too.  So now God has spoken quite clearly that we need to move.

Then guess what happened? An opportunity to make a difference and put our faith into action has come our way!  After what God has shown me this week, we didn't have to pray about if we wanted to get involved. We knew we had to get involved!!  The prayer now is for the project and all of those involved.  We want to get moving and put our faith into action.  We want to make a difference for Christ.

James 2:21-24  says, "Wasn’t our ancestor Abraham “made right with God by works” when he placed his son Isaac on the sacrificial altar? Isn’t it obvious that faith and works are yoked partners, that faith expresses itself in works? That the works are “works of faith”? The full meaning of “believe” in the Scripture sentence, “Abraham believed God and was set right with God,” includes his action. It’s that mesh of believing and acting that got Abraham named “God’s friend.” Is it not evident that a person is made right with God not by a barren faith but by faith fruitful in works" (MSG).

It's not just about having faith, but it's about having faith and moving forward to fulfill that vision and plan that God is laying out.  

"Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it" (Romans 12:2b, MSG).

I love the words in this "recognize and respond".  Definitely two words I will be practicing as my journey continues.

Let's encourage one another to "recognize and respond".  

These are just some thoughts.  I hope they encourage you today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

His Grace is Enough

And The Greatest of These......