Leading Like Jesus

Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

I pray every day for the Lord to show me my heart, the things He wants to change and mold in me. I pray for a pure heart and pure motives in all I do.  I want His will in me, not my own. 
Well when you start asking the Lord to show you things, be advised, He will.

He started dealing with me about the kind of leader I am and the kind of leader he wants me to be.
Galatians 5:22-23 came immediately to my mind and my heart.  To be the leader God wants me to be I HAVE to produce good fruit! The fruits of the Holy Spirit!  I had to take a hard look at the fruit I have been bearing, well so often, it hasn't been all of them.  Then realizing that maybe I have been depending on myself too much.  

It's kinda like learning how to ride a bike, once you think you have the hang for it, you don't feel like you need anyone to hold on to it for you anymore,  but the thing is I have to always have the Lord hang on to me and me to Him.  Make sense? 

I get on auto pilot so to speak and don't give glory and honor to the Holy Spirit for all HE produces in me.  Before I know it, I'm not producing all the right fruit, and if let go too long, there isn't any fruit and the tree dies. I never want to think I can handle anything in this life without the Lord, without His guidance, without His love and understanding.

To be the leader God wants me to be I have to then wow, not only do you have to produce fruit of the Holy Spirit, but then I have to have WHAT??? A WHAT?? A SERVANT'S HEART!

Matthew 20:28

28 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

We are to lead by example, by CHRIST'S example.  To learn to be humble obedience, to serve, to be open, to be loving, non-judgmental,  not condemning. 
  
Paul said:

1 Corinthians 11:1

11 And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.

Simple, right?
  
The Lord has shown me that He wants me to be MORE like Him.  To put aside myself, to lay down my cross, and follow Him.  To follow His example of leadership.  He wants me to bear the fruit that will win souls for His kingdom!

2 Timothy 2:15

15 Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth.

You and I may not be necessarily in a "leadership" role within your church or ministry.  We are all servants, but know this:  YOU and I ARE leading someone.  Whatever example you are setting be it bad or good someone will follow. Someone is always watching how you live your life.  Someone is always looking for the fruit you do or do not bear and the light you do or do not shine. We are ALL called to the task of making disciples, to LEAD others to Christ.

Matthew 28:19

19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Acts 1:8

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
  
The Holy Spirit fills me and produces good fruit in me. I will lead others to the truth in Christ. I WILL be, with Christ's help, the leader, the example HE wants me to be. I will follow the example of Christ. 

Who are you leading like? 

Colossians 1:9-14

So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10 Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better.
11 We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy, 12 always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light. 13 For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, 14 who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins.

Lord give me the courage to seek out all you have for me.  Move me out of my own way that you might have your complete will done in my life.  Give me the burden for the lost.  As I start my every day, what can I do for you Lord, not what can you do for me.  Open the doors Lord and give me the boldness, courage, and wisdom to walk through them.  It's all about you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.
 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

His Grace is Enough

One Plants.....