Friendship

friend

/frend/
Noun
A person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection.

I have been thinking a lot lately about friends and friendship. A subject that seems to be close to my heart lately.  I look back over the years at the friends that have came and went.  Some I was sad to see go some not so much.  I find it strange how in such a short amount of time the circles we travel in change so much.  The decisions we make or other people make alter those circles, sometimes to the ending of certain friendships.  Yet I know there was a purpose in all of these friendships.

I like to think of the friendship of David and Jonathan.  It's actually one of my favorite passages in the bible.  True friendship that endured test and time.  Check in out starting in 1 Samuel 18. 

My friend Teri has been my friend for ohhh going on 15 or 16 years.  Her youngest daughter was a bitty baby.  I know she was a God send to my life.  If not for her so many times and in so many circumstances, not sure where I would be now or where my sanity would be now.  God used her in a mighty way at a time in my life where God was the last person I would listen to.  We are still friends to this day and she loves me just as much, if not more, not being a basket case as she did when I was one.  Now she doesn't always have to take care of me.  I let God do that now. I'm not sure where Teri stands with the Lord, that's between them, but I have made sure to tell her how much He loves her and how much He has done in my life, and how I know He orchestrated our frienship.  I pray for her and her family (my family) everyday.  I want her to see heaven with me and share the love of Christ that I now know so well.  Somehow I know she will always be part of me and my life. :) Thank you Lord for Teri.

Then there are new friendships.  I rededicated my life to the Lord almost 3 years ago.  Since then old frienships aren't what they used to be and some of the new ones are what they could have been, and now just aren't.  Then there are those that you just know the Lord put there and will always be a part of you because they have changed and influenced you and encouraged you in the Lord (Thanks Kevin, Janece, Frank, Amelia, Bev, all my Church 4:18 family) or maybe you did them. I have some of those people in my life these days.  That makes me happy.  I have a whole family I never thought I would have! 

I have a new friend Lisa.  Strange the friends we make and how we make them, but I feel like the Lord has spoke longevity into this friendship as well.  He knows what we need when we need it. Looking forward to see where the Lord leads us.

I want to be a good friend to those God has put in my life.  I feel like I'm suppose to be an encourager to those who need it.  Somehow to be that friend in waiting when someone needs one.  I think that is something the Lord wants us all to be, but I feel like this is one of His gifts for me. 

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 NIV
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work; If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!

Think about your friendships today, but most of all think about your friendship with the Lord.  He should be our number one friend.

Psalm 73:26 NLT
My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.

Matthew 22:36-4 NIV

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Again the definition of Friend:
 

friend

/frend/
Noun
A person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection.

MUTUAL AFFECTION!  I want to have mutual affection with the Lord so I can have a mutual affection with those he puts in my life.

Thank you Lord today for all those you put in my path.  Help me to be the friend, the sister you have called me to be. Amen.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

His Grace is Enough

One Plants.....