Searching The Heart

As I sit here today, so many thoughts running through my mind.  Trying to work and stay on task, while at the same time God is dealing with me and my heart.  Showing me some things.  My husband and I went to the CMA (Christian Motorcylists Association) Changing of the Colors Rally this weekend.  It was awesome. Maybe even life changing.  God started dealing with me in the 9am service. 

He kept telling me (well He has been telling me for a while, but I guess this is when I finally had my ear inclined to hear) I needed to examine my heart.  Closely examine it.  Over and over I kept remembering the story of David when God was about to anoint him as king.  How God referred to him as a "man after His own heart".  Could you imagine God referring to you as a man or woman after "His own heart"??? 

I started looking up the word "heart" in various study materials I have.  I never knew the word "heart" could have so many different meanings and uses. Anyway....

I wanted to know what it meant to have a heart of God.  I believe I found a two fold answer, sort of, to that question.  First the Beatitudes found in Matthew 5:

Mat 5:1 NLT - One day as he saw the crowds gathering, Jesus went up on the mountainside and sat down. His disciples gathered around him,
Mat 5:2 NLT - and he began to teach them.
Mat 5:3 NLT - "God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.
Mat 5:4 NLT - God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Mat 5:5 NLT - God blesses those who are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth.
Mat 5:6 NLT - God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice, for they will be satisfied.
Mat 5:7 NLT - God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Mat 5:8 NLT - God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God.
Mat 5:9 NLT - God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God.
Mat 5:10 NLT - God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.
Mat 5:11 NLT - "God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers.

I learned this when I was a Missionette!  But somehow now it is real and alive.  This is how you have the heart of GOD!!!!

Where does this start??? Sheer OBEDIENCE!!!!  When we are obedient and do what the Lord wants us to do.  That is having the heart of God.  But make no mistake, sometimes we fall and stumble.  As was seen in the life of David.  He was "a man after God's own heart", yet he sinned.  Read 1 Samuel.

I have come to the revelation that through having an obedient heart is how we obtain "the heart of God".  Jesus showed the heart of God in while in the wilderness Matthew chapter 4. 

Search your heart today.  What's in your heart?  Do you have the heart of God? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

His Grace is Enough

One Plants.....